Friday, February 20, 2015

Good News

CT for the nodule on the lung...there are actually two of them and I was told a lot of folks that live on the Ohio River it is common for these to appear.  I was told to recheck in 6 months and if no growth recheck again in 18. I feel positive about this and the Dr said not to worry.
4 more sleeps and I should be pain free!!! This is going to be the best birthday present ever!!!
In my free time I have been writing out what I want to sign up for as soon as I find out how long the recovery is going to be.  If the doc feels he can fix me and that I will be able to train and complete Ironman Louisville in October then I know I will be able to add many more events! Zion is April 11th and like I said I know its not gonna be a go for the 100K as I planned but will see about the 50K and if not I know he should let me hike the 25K!! I will then have 3 weeks till the Flying Pig 4 way. This is a 5K 10K on Saturday May 2nd and then the marathon on May 3rd. I know I won't be as fast as I was not that I was super fast haha but I will be starting my comeback from a month off!  Then at the end of May I am really looking forward to Nanny Goat 24 hour event in Riverside California. I do not have a mileage goal in mind...the only goal I have is to have a wonderful time and see old friends and make new. Next on the schedule is in July which is the Capital Reef 50 milers....this one is going to be amazing!! Amazing hard due to the altitude of the event...I think I read 25 of those miles are at an altitude of 11,000 feet! Hoping the scenery keeps that altitude sickness away. It didn't keep it away at Pikes Peak but I don't quit and will get the job done! Next thing on schedule is Ironman Louisville in October.
So I've been writing out what I want to do once I see how my body rebounds and have some awesome things on tap!! I know on Labor Day Weekend I will do The Race of Ages in Tenn...this race is a timed event and you run your age in hours!!! So I will run as many miles as I can in 47 hours! Its kinda a handicap for older runners....those fast young'ens may cover 100 miles is 22 hours which is their age but someone 65 will have 65 hours to go further. I have read there are a lot of older folks going to this one already!! I can't wait.
These are my must do this year list -California International, Flying Monkey - which I can not wait to do!! Last year I had a double state weekend that if I missed I would not have finished my 50th state in December and the 2 previous years JFK 50 miler was the day before and logistics just wouldn't work.
St Judes, Will put in for MCM lottery and hope to get into that again this year.  I am the type that loves to do double marathons on the weekends if I have to travel further then 6 hours to get there. I am hoping to do some of the Mainly Marathon series to be able to visit with those extended family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment